About         Home         Project Archive         Sew-alongs + Challenges          Shop

September 19, 2013

Rooftop Gardens, Or: The Colette Zinnia (Part One)

nqr
Recognize these? As with the Hawthorn, I was one of the pattern testers for the latest pattern from Colette, the Zinnia skirt. I made Version 1 both times--yes, since completing the test version at the end of June, I've already made another.

Last week, when I went to visit family, I took both skirts with me and made (well, that's not quite the right word) my sisters wear them around for photos. Of course the best ones of each of them are spoiled by the other one doing something weird in the background, but we still had a lot of fun. And I think it's not insignificant that they felt comfortable enough in these to crawl around and do all of this on the roof.
b2
This weekend--because I also have lots of construction photos--I'll post details and actually talk about the pattern and my experiences sewing (part 2 now posted here), but this post is just for pretty pictures. Enjoy.
r2
b1
 .
  41 
They danced. 
And fought.
And tragically fell from their hot air balloon. 
But happily recovered. Thanks to Ratty and little b for helping me out with this. Yay!
b3
r3

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! They're both so fun to photograph. And I think I have a lot better time, too, when I'm behind the camera rather than in front of it. :)

      Delete
  2. I just got my Zinnia pattern in the mail and I can't tell you how excited I am to get started on it. The hardest part will be to decide which version to start with. Your skirts are beautiful! I love them all and I enjoyed your photos so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks--these are some of my favorite photos in a long time, so fun to shoot. I've been checking the flickr group several times a day to see if any new versions have been posted--I'll be excited to see the one(s) you make!

      Delete